Okay, so we all know the saying… “when it rains, it pours…”
So, here’s the skinny…
We have been super super busy in the studio lately. So many clients, so many projects, I need more hours in a day. Don’t get me wrong, it’s great problem to have but it’s been doing a number on my body. I can feel it. It’s like that annoying fly that keeps hovering around at your favorite cafe and no matter how many times you think it’s finally gone, it’s back, cramping your positive vibes work flow.
My annoying fly has been my left lymph node under my jaw. Ya know the one the doctor feels right before he tells you your body is fighting off an infection? Ya that one. Well anyway, long story short… (haha good one.)
Friday was the final sprint to get caught up from the previous two week’s chaos. I was on like 23-ish hours of sleep for the week. And it was also the day I was meeting my co-workers at the Grand Tasting for Feast (which was crazy awesome, but more on that later.) This evening ended in Sizzle Pie with Cole on a 10th Ave street corner, and finally crawling into bed around 1am (which probably doesn’t sound late to most but after the week I had especially, I’m a girl who loves her sleep. Don’t poke the bear people. It ain’t pretty.)
Saturday was content creation day. I woke up to that pesky fly buzzing…but I was not going to let this stop me, I am invincible ! So I powered my way through it and a little later + a turmeric, ginger, lemon, cayenne shot later (featured image 😊), A LOT OF WATER, and a pumpkin spice chai latte for good measure and I was out the door. Needless to say this evening didn’t end until around 1am either. 😞
Sunday….. oh my most precious productive Sunday’s ….. woke up, ughhhhhhh… the fly is back…. and I can tell he isn’t going to be so willfully shooed this time around….
I read, I walked, I ran some errands, and read some more, ate some tacos. Nothing helped. << That last one was a sure fire winner >> Nada.
And here I am on Tuesday huddled under my covers for the greater part of two days fighting off a massive sinus infection like I enjoy the feeling of swallowing glass or something. Anddddd here comes the eye of the storm…. my hard drive port broke and I can’t access my Lightroom catalog until I can figure out how to either fix it, or get it replaced. 😖
I know here in the PNW we are coming up on our rainy season but I wasn’t quite ready for this much extra all at once. 😐
My point is this… THIS SUCKS….but C´est La Vie anyway my love bugs, shit happens. If there is a lesson here it’s this: listen to your body, listen to it like you’d listen to your best friend when she tells you to get that second slice of pizza even when you’re wearing a skin tight black dress because it’s your life, live it and you fucking love pizza.
So, to revert back to the title of this post, what do you do when there is too much rain? Here’s my short list:
- Double Up Your Blankets and Your Reading Material
- Just because your body is out of commission doesn’t mean your brain has to follow suite. Idk about you but I hate feeling lazy in all departments << I’m currently reading, Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert because she’s inspiring in the biggest and most powerful capacity and I need to remember what I’m going after after the sickness is over, and Fool Moon, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher because I love the idea of magic and this is just a fun read where I’m in love with the quirky Harry Dresden.
- Collect Arsenal of Medicinal Items like You’re Preparing for Armageddon
- Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint, and Tea Tree Essential Oils >> I love this set if you’re interested in Essential Oils and/or diffusers.
- Whisky Spiked Cider, Duh. << Love Adding Lady Grey Tea to it too (recipe to come !)
- Pick Three Show/Netflix Binges >> What I’m Watching
- The Green Arrow (He’s hot, sue me)
- The Magicians (This is on Amazon & SyFy.. That’s right, no shame)
- GOT (I’m still on Season 4, NO SPOILERSSSS !)
- Make a Gratitude List, Listen to Chill Tunes, and RELAX
- But seriously, I always like to make a list of what I’m grateful for because when you’re sick you have a tendency to think your whole life sucks and that you will never feel better, this helps.
- I listen to music that feels in flow, my personal fave lately is the “Relax & Unwind” playlist on Spotify
- AND RELAX, don’t think, don’t stress. The world will still be there once your body has has ample time to flush the bugs out. I try to view being sick as the Universe’s/God’s way of telling me I’m doing too much/trying to control too much/ and clenching my jaw too often in fear of forgetting something…
Now, I’m going to put my laptop away, bring my blankets up to my ears and watch the next episode of Game of Thrones. If you haven’t watched it yet, #sorrynotsorry but red brings out the blue in King Joffrey’s eyes so beautifully it’s at his wedding, so happy for the kingdom. I just can’t 😉 Until Next time !